Sunday, March 16, 2014

A workshop with Helen Godden

On Friday I had a free motion quilting (FMQ) with Helen Godden. It was a great day and I learnt so much. Helen's background is art and as she had no experience sewing before she started FMQing, she had nothing to unlearn. She has won some amazing awards and many of them on a machine she borrowed from her mum!  She taught us the secrets about FMQing - its 'll about cleavage, swans and Hugh JackmanCheck out Helen's bling!

I still have a way to go, but I have begun. And you gotta start somewhere, right? I bought some grippy gloves (from Bunnings) and I'm going to have another crack today. I hope this is the start of something great. Like anything, practice makes perfect! I'll try to remember that when I'm having a bad day. Have you learnt something new lately? How do you keep motivated when you're not quite there yet?


I'm linking up with SEWjo (sewing mojo) today over on the My Go-Go Life blog

1 comment:

  1. " its 'll about cleavage, swans and Hugh Jackman." I NEED to take a class with her, LOL!!!! Thank you so much for linking up to SEWjo Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS