Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A winning jacket



I made this jacket for Chloe's birthday present last year. I found the beautiful velveteen at the Canberra Quilt and Craft Fair last August and knew it would be perfect for the cold weather we get here. I set to work, making sure that the pattern in the fabric lined up just so. I am so happy with the result! The pattern, by Make It Perfect is so easy to understand, with nice, easy pieces to sew. And as an added bonus, it's reversible! No overlocking needed either. The whole thing came together in a few hours.



These photos are from spring time at Floriade. It's such a beautiful time of the year in Canberra. I think we went 4 times last year! And, the best part is I won first prize at the Canberra Royal show in the Winter/Summer Garment category. My first blue ribbon!


Jacket Specifications:
Fabrics used: Anna Maria Horner Velveteen Loulouthi range 'In The Clearing Berry' with a cotton poplin lining.
Pattern: Make It Perfect - Uptown Girl Jacket

2 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS