Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Retro baby quilt

Another baby, another quilt! I had this really cute panel hanging around for a perfect project. When I heard that my sister in law was having her fourth baby - I immediately knew I wanted to use this in a quilt for her. Annabelle arrived the night I sewed on the label. That is some spooky coincidence right there! The retro fabrics were picked up at the Canberra Craft Show and I just loved the stripy binding!


Quilt Specifications:
Quilt name: Retro baby
Made for: Annabelle (born November 2013).
Finished size: 32 x 48 inches.
Fabrics used: Children's panel from Spotlight, reproduction fabrics (no selvedges) and a Bari J Ackerman stripe for the binding
Pattern: Designed by me. 6 inch panels sewn together randomly
Quilting details: Quilted by me with a walking foot. Using a cream cotton, I sewed straight lines across the fabric around 1 inch apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS