Thursday, June 6, 2013

I made this: twins alphabet quilts


Last time I went out to my LQS, I saw the cutest alphabet sampler by Robert Kaufman and knew I had to have it. But what was I going to do with it? I thought just using the panel was, well, a bit boring! So, I set it aside for another time.

I must be hitting a certain age where everyone I know is pregnant! When a good friend told me she was pregnant with twins, I needed to get cracking to get two quilts more out of my little sewing factory. Searching through my stash, I came across the panel when I had a brainwave. I could cut it up and make two quilts which belonged together! Immediately I knew I was onto a winning idea and started cutting it up. 

There was no real method to putting this quilt together, I just pulled out fabric from the stash and sewed it to the panel pieces. Once I had three sides on each piece I popped it on my design wall (living room floor) and to my surprise, it almost fit together as it was! I love happy accidents like that. I finished up the quilt top within a few hours and finished it off in time for the baby shower.


I am really happy with how they turned out and I know they will be enjoyed by the little girls, who I can't wait to meet when they arrive!

Crystal x 

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS