Saturday, May 25, 2013

Canberra modern map quilt :: block one


The Canberra Modern Quilt Guild are putting together a quilt that will be raffled off to raise funds for guild activities and administration. Based on the preliminary plan for Canberra by Walter Burley Griffin (and illustrated by his wife Marion Mahony Griffin) the quilt will become an improvisational, interpretation of his initial plan. It's a really exciting project that I'm proud to be part of.


Using the specified colour range, and using my map square as starting inspiration, I created my little block. I am quite happy with the final result and it came together pretty quick! I am really looking forward to making some more, and seeing what everyone else comes up with!


Below is the original map that we are working with, which has been split up into 64 blocks. The blocks will be divided up amongst the group. For more information on the design brief and instructions, please pop on over to the Canberra Modern Quilt Guild blog. 


Crystal x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS