Sunday, February 5, 2012

High Tea for Habitat

Late last year, I held a fundraising event for Habitat for Humanity at work. The high tea was held to help raise money to help families have a home, a cause dear to my heart as I travelled to Cambodia late in 2010 to do this very thing. So, when I got a flyer to suggest holding a High Tea for Habitat, I jumped at the chance. 

I wanted to make this event really special, so how better than to decorate the space! I made an enormous tissue paper chandelier, which really made an impact! People were asking about that for days. A really simple idea, but something really different. 
{so many tissue paper pom poms! there is even some paper chains in there too} 

 {a selection of the decorated cupcakes}

{my helper very proud of all those cupcakes!} 

 


On the menu was home made sausage rolls, mini quiches, cucumber sandwiches, cakes, scones AND barista brewed coffee. Yummo!


I was so lucky to have great friends who really helped me out by bringing food, setting up, washing dishes and making coffee. We raised over $400 on the day. Thanks to every one who came and donated.

Crystal x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS