Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tail Feathers Journey :: Block 1


If you are playing along at home, Block 1 of Tail Feathers should be almost complete! Once you have strip pieced the 1 inch blocks, you will have saved some time for the next few blocks. I really enjoyed stitching up the tree of delight and those love birds stitcheries, finding I couldn't put down the needle once I picked it up.

I have never done that particular style of border shown above before. I suppose you would call it a continuous border? I thought it would be difficult, but once I got the idea, it wasn't too bad.

How did you go with block 1?




Interested in the very beautiful Tail Feathers quilt kit? Sign up to the block of the month program at the shop today!

Crystal x

2 comments:

  1. I love the embroidery you have done. How do you get the stitches so perfect? Can I ask you a question? How do you transfer the design?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi vicki :)
    I transfer my patterns by hand, using a heat pen. When you iron it, it disappears! Cool huh?

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS