Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Show & Tell :: Nancy's Wedding Quilt

I have been offline for a bit, after a busy few weeks. Chloe had an ear infection in both ears and my mum came to visit and so on and so on... However, I do have something for show and tell!


Nancy sent me some photos of her beautiful quilt that she made for her nephew and his wife. They were married last September and it was a work in progress for some time! I think you will agree with me that it was worth it.

The book the pattern came from Strips and Scraps by Suzanne McNeill. With a few exceptions, Nancy made the whole thing from a jelly roll. Can you believe that? 

Not only is it a wonderful quilt, a lot of love has gone into each square. They all have a special meaning, a heart for each of them - his wife had a son from a previous marriage; three houses - the two they came from and the one they share now; their dog; a tree for each season and a bluebird for their wedding theme.

I am certain that they will really love their quilt. I think it's beautiful, what do you think?

Crystal x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for including my quilt on your blog. It was nice to see it again! I do love that quilt.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS