Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sue Spargo homework

Next week I am going on to the Sur Spargo workshop in Canberra. I am super excited about it, and picked up my kit on the weekend.


{the wool kit and travel journal}

Looks like we are making a tree. They seem to be featuring heavily at the moment!

So, before I attend the workshop on the weekend, I have some home work to complete. The background and tree must be done before we go. And, it's needle turn. And I don't have any freezer paper. And I would prefer to blanket stitch.

In the interest of keeping on practising my needle turn techniques I decided to go for it. As the saying goes, necessity is the monther of invention. I cut out the tree pattern and pinned the paper to the wool. Then I cut my seam allowance, clipped any curves and corners. Without ironing I just started to needle turn. And somehow it worked!


{I am needle turning!}

A couple of hours later I had finished my tree.


{another needle turned tree!}

It's a bit lumpy and a bit bumpy, but I'm hoping that all the beautiful embroidery Sue shows us will cover them up. I will let you know how it all goes!

Crystal x

2 comments:

  1. Your tree looks fantastic and I know you will have a great time with Sue in her workshop.
    Look forward to seeing what you did.
    Lynettex

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great needleturned tree ! How clever are you ! It looks great now but can't wait to see it after your workshop . Need I say , have fun !

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS