Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hokey Pokey Ice cream!

Over the weekend, we made some yummy treats, but the favourite one was definitely some yummy hokey pokey ice cream! 
The Honeycomb is home made and stirred into vanilla ice cream. Did I mention it was yummy?

{Oh the hokey pokey}


INGREDIENTS:
- 100g caster sugar
- 4 Tbsps golden syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 litre punnet of vanilla ice cream (or choose your own flavour)

RECIPE:
Melt the sugar and golden syrup over medium heat until sugar is melted. Take the pot off the heat and stir in the bicarb soda and watch it froth up! Pour onto tray with baking paper and once cool, you can break up into pieces. Stir pieces into ice cream then re-freeze. Serve and enjoy!

{Chloe helping stir in the honey comb}

Please remember, that the sugar gets really hot. If your kids are 'helping' (and I use this term loosely. If they are anything like Chloe it's not really all that helpful!) then make sure they only watch the first part.
Let me know if you make this. It's a nice change from plain old vanilla! Enjoy!
Crystal x
 

1 comment:

  1. I am going to try this - it sounds yummy! My husband and I both love sponge candy (that is what we call it here, at first I was puzzled by the reference to honeycomb thinking there would be wax in the ice cream, lol)so I think this will be a keeper! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS